Friday, September 01, 2006

Pre-Day 2 - A Long Weekend

Well I had a post, but it got lost, so I'll give a quick run down of my day because I don't feel like typing another one:

Woke up at 6AM when some weird guy who looked like this


walked into my room randomly, looked around, and left. I guess I'll go find out what the hell that was about a bit later.

Went to Ashley's office with the other REU students and looked at pictures and things from her trip.

Went to lunch at a Jimmy John's Knockoff.

Took a half hour nap.

Went to the Japanese language lab for an hour to go over the previous day's lesson.

Learned more Japanese with Sakakibara-Sensei for the next 3 hours.

Ate at Zaxby's for dinner, it was subpar.

Came back to the room to relax a little.

Some time in between there I found out that the "A" in "A-Beta Complex" stands for amyloid, and Amyloid-Beta is a protein that is the main constituent of amyloid plaques in the brain of Alzheimer's patients, so my research seems like it will be loosely related to Alzheimer's.

Not sure what I'm gonna do this weekend. Looks like sleep, Japanese (particularly practicing my hiragana), and hopefully a little crunkage somewhere in between.

It's gonna be a long weekend.

Dane-San out.

No comments: